Thursday, December 4, 2008





































We managed to survive Thanksgiving! : ) That's an accomplishment right there. We have also survived Steve being deathly ill for 2 weeks with fevers spiking up to almost 103 degrees for no flippin' reason, but a couple rounds of antibiotics and lots of rest later, we're almost a whole week of him being back to normal. : )

I had the pleasure of going to a high school orientation type of thing tonight for my almost 14 year old son. They are starting the class scheduling process of the 8th graders for this next year's session. Talk about the reality check right smack dab in the middle of your forehead! I went to that same school, but it's not the same school anymore. They've added about 3 levels and made 4 renovations since I graduated from there 20 years ago. The discussed the children taking driver's education class. This nearly made my heart stop. The thought of Matt taking driver's education......OH MY GOD! GET OFF THE SIDEWALKS PEOPLE!

The whole thing was quite overwhelming to be honest. He has decided that he wants to do the techy stuff with the computer programing and he wants to take weightlifting as a flippin' class-oh and it's a 2 credit class. Weightlifting, a class. Are you kidding me? He's signing up, non the less. They will mail their first draft of the schedules out in March, I think that's what they said anyway. (I was never very good a paying attention when I went there anyway) Once you receive the 1st draft you can make changes, and I'm sure there will be changes to be made.

Mr. C, who was the cutie teacher that all the girls lusted after when we were freshman, well he's about to take over as principal for the high school and he has 4 kids and 25 years at the school now. He has aged along with the school, but he's still a cutie. :)

I see people I went to school with as we're sitting in the new auditorium listening to the instructions. They have kids in the same grade as mine and I never really realized it. It was all just really sureal. Matt is of course moritifed because as I walk the halls, I continually say things like, hey, I used to have a locker right there...your dad and I got caught making out right there by Mrs. Fox...this room used to be the journalism room...he was not impressed and referred to me as a dinasaur or something to that likeness. I feel so old! I can't beleive I'm about to turn 39 in a little over a week! : (

Oh, and I traumatized my daughter by making her sit on santa's lap. I think the picture says it all.

No comments: