Tuesday, December 23, 2008

So, December 17th about 2 am it begins.....the vomiting. My poor baby girl is just puking everywhere. : (

By December 18th, we're going to see Dr. Jennifer Hill-Birk (who is the world's most awesome doctor!). We get there for a 10:45 appointment and she basically gives me until 3 pm to get this baby girl to take fluids, one medicine dropper full every 5 minutes and have wet diapers. She needs at least 1 every six hours or it's off to be admitted into the hospital-this of course causes mommy to cry at the very thought.

3 pm comes and goes. She's taking her fluids and has had a wet diaper (approximately 12:30-ish). We're cautiously optimistic. Doctor says doing okay. Keep pushing those fluids (not quite as often, but keep her drinking). Wet diapers aren't coming as much as we need to see.

December 19th-call to the doctor, no wet diaper since 9:30 previous night. Not that interested in taking too much of the pedialite either. Just wants to lay around and sleep. It's hospital time per the doctor.

We show up at Community North's ER. They are really sweet and nice there. We have absolutely no wait what so ever, it's 2:08 in the afternoon. We see a couple different Doctor's or doctor's assistants, they tell us how we're going to rehydrate her.

The needle part was my least favorite. They stick her in her little arm and can't get the vein. They end up putting it in her little hand. :( She's none too pleased by this either. After a little while she starts to perk up some. We finally get to leave around 8:30 pm that night. : )

We get home and she sleeps, in mommy's arms, of course (duh). Saturday, she's acting like our baby girl again. She's playing some, drinking pedialite like it's going out of style, then Matthew runs to the bathroom and begins puking. Oh yeah....another child is sick. : ( His only last until about 6 pm, and he was done and I'm really proud of him because he managed to get to the bathroom every single time.

Sunday-everything's still going good. Ashley wants a bottle, so I let her have her formula. She seems to do okay with it. She's up and playing and getting into mischief like usual. : ) I decide to do my usual Sunday thing and shop with my sister. We take Matt with us so she can get him his Christmas present. It was a bitterly cold day with nasty wind chills, but it was still a good day.

We get home that night and about 10:00 pm Ashley starts to puke, again. I'm running out the door at 11:30 at night, heading to the 24 hour pharmacy of Walgreen's in Greenfield after I've confirmed that they carry the liquid form of the Zofran that the hospital gave us a script for. Get home a little after midnight and give her a dose. She finally stops throwing up. This time around was nasty. She had stuff coming out her nose and I'm sure it hurt. She kept looking up at me with those big blue eyes like she wanted me to save her and I could do nothing. : (

I rocked her and held her until about 2 am, then placed her in her bed and tried to get a little sleep. Working tomorrow is obviously not happening.....again. She wakes up crying about 3 am, so it's cuddle time with mommy in our big bed.

Have to get up and head downtown with Ashley to take Steve to work, but first have to stop by mommy's work so I can do a couple of little things really fast that I can't do from my computer at home (I've been working at home since Wednesday-trying to keep my job and all). Drop daddy off at work and head home for a day of clingy and whiny high maintenance stuf with the baby girl. She just isn't back to the usual self yet.

Tuesday morning, she's doing a lot better, so it's back to the babysitter. She's a little cranky, but makes it threw the day. Still not back on her usual diet, so we're having tummy issues and she's got some problems trying to get the poo out. Not a happy baby, but she sleeps now....so I shall try as well. : )

We're supposed to leave for our vacation Friday....think it will happen? God I hope so!

No comments: